- Adress: Am Ehberg 31, 87645 Schwangau, Germany
- Contact: (+49) 8362 8888 // email@example.com
- Check in time: 3:00 – 9:30 PM // Check out time: 8:00 – 11:00 AM
Distance to centre: Schwangau 1,5km // Füssen 2,5km
Price range: 92 € – 244 € / night / person
General Style: Wellness
Be-Sparkling Rating: 8,5/10
The parking space are just in front of the door so arrival is very easy. Upon entering the very friendly and natural host at the check-in counter offered us a welcome drink at their fire-lounge.
There’s a small elevator bringing you up to one of the two upper floors. I was staying at the suite ‘KönigReich’, the Royal Suit on level +2.
The all over experience at Hotel Ruebezahl was amazing and I had an extremely lovely and relaxing weekend. You should definitely try it !!
The room was styled in a modern, but rustic style, offering a comfortable and homy but luxurious stay. The bed was slightly too hard for my personal taste, but it was big and came with an offered pillow menu to choose from. I loved the effect fire place. It gives the room a more comfortable feeling especially in the winter time.
The Bathroom was the most modern part of the space, it offered two sinks, lots of space and a big shower with different steam and modules to use.
The balcony offered a breathtaking view on the two fairy-tale castles, the Neuschwanstein Castle and the Hohenschwangau Castle as well as the beautiful mountains around it. Nature pure. When we arrived there was no chair on the balcony, which is uncomfortable in you’d like to spend some short time on the balcony, but after asking at the reception we received a chair within short moments.
The hotel offers different types of rooms and suites and every theme is organised differently. Here you can find a selection of my favourite places.
Breakfast is served in the restaurant. It has a lovely outside terrace with the view on the castles and mountains. Unfortunately there are too many wasps, that it is difficult to enjoy breakfast outside. But this is not a problem as the inner space in large and light with a full facade made of glass.
You will find a buffet and a live-cooking station every morning, where you’ll find continuously eggs in different styles and sweet delicacies like pan-cakes and Kaiserschmarrn – a typical local plate.
Tip: Their pan-cakes were my favourite you should try them. Also they have lots of different types of fruits, which is not too typical for the area.
All drinks are included in the breakfast deal and cappuccino and espresso are of good taste, for me after 5 years in Italy that is an important fact.
The hotel does table reservations for each room, not knowing this we just sat down every morning on any table that we liked. During our stay there was a younger male service assistant working in the restaurant and unfortunately it felt like he had not yet learned how to do his service correctly and how to speak with guests. So he advised us on the wrong chosen table in not the most friendly way.
Luckily there was a woman working in the restaurant who was extremely professional and friendly. She solved everything within seconds. At all times she was aware of what was going on in the restaurant and often read our mind without us asking. To give you an example, she remembered our drink order from the first day or brought an additional tea cup to the table when I went to the buffet to get tea jug – not something everyone notices when having a full restaurant.
The main hour for dinner is between 6pm and 8pm.
Friday there is a 4 course menu and on Saturdays a 5 course candle light dinner. I wouldn’t recommend to get there too late, otherwise you might miss something special of the first course which is served as buffet. Small finger food is presented lovely here and it is hard to stop eating the delicacies and to leave enough space for the coming dinner plates.
Note: You have to try the prawn they are offering. They are of the best I have ever tried in Germany. Sasha from the kitchen was so nice to extra cook us some extra as we arrived late and they wear nearly gone.
The restaurant offers a special welcome drink which is inspired by the Spanish Vermut. However be aware that the drink is very sweet.
The restaurant’s wine menu is huge, with lots of great choices of wine. As an Italian wine lover I can only suggest you the Monticello or the Amarone which are both offered on the menu. Both of them are among my favourite types of wines. If you’re more for a glass of wine than a bottle try the Malbec . It is a perfectly rounded and strong red wine, but it doesn’t come cheap with 12€ per glass.
The soup which was the next course following the buffet was delicious, slightly spiced and very natural in taste. The main courses followed that example and were great. I can really recommend to spend at least one dinner night in the hotel you will love the menu and presentation of the plates.
Between every meal the waitress asked us kindly if we were ready for the next course. This is great for someone who wants to take time for dinner or want to take a short break between the courses.
The Spa area makes the Hotel Ruebezahl an absolut wellness hotel. The area is huge and is offering everything you’d expect in a luxury wellness hotel. You have three different areas. The outside area, where you can relax and enjoy the sun during summer time while relaxing close by the pool. The inside area, with different saunas, the salt grotte, different relaxing areas as well as an area for tea and then last but not least the treatment area where all extra treatments such as massages, skin treatments etc. are done.
During my stay I got a massage treatment offered to test and it was good, but unfortunately not excellent. This is probably the only point that was not perfect in the spa area.
But don’t forget a massage is something very personal. I am used to have every part of the body included in a full-body massage. This includes feet, hands and head, three areas that I was missing during the massage.
- Wifi (9/10): The internet was working well nearly all around the hotel and with one password it was easy to connect as many devices as necessary.
- Spa (9/10):The Spa is what makes the Hotel Ruebezahl an absolute wellness hotel. I have not often seen a great Spa like this one in a hotel. The lost point is not for the infrastructures, but on the massage treatment that I had, which was good, but not excellent. It is included in every hotel booking.
- Gym (?/10):There is no Gym in house. However there is a cooperation with a sport studio where the guests are able to use the spaces as well as attend the courses of the Sport Studio Fuessen.
- Wayfinding / Information (9/10): The hotel is mostly structured clearly and it is easy to find what you are looking for. But ask how to get to the outside pool, because this way is not that simple.
- Room (8,5/10): The room is concepted in a modern and still in a rustically way. It is perfect for a wellness weekend while staying in the relaxing bavarian style. The bathroom is modern and greatly designed. I love the small fake fireplace 🙂
- Lobby (9/10): Very stylish and comfortable.
- Bed (8,5/10): for me it was too hard, but this is very personal. You have different pillows to choose from.
- Shower (10/10): the shower is great. Enough water comes out and it gives you the possibility to choose between different usages.
- Roomservice / cleaning (10/10): Everything was super clean and organised. We didn’t have a chair on the balcony, which we asked for in the reception on Friday night and we received it Saturday first thing in the morning.
- Staff (9,5/10): Very friendly in the reception, restaurant and wellness area.